Table of Contents
Few things feel as quintessentially summer as the go-to straw bag. Endlessly classic, straw bags have earned a spot on every summer shopping list—and with good reason. They’re as fit for a day at the park as they are for a trip to the office, and they’re as convenient as they are cute. I mean, at this point, need I really say more?
Straw bags peaked in popularity last summer, with basket bags, rattan crossbodies and slouchy woven totes pervading the zeitgeist en masse. As far as summer 2018 was concerned, straw was the new black—and summer 2019 only promises to strengthen the straw bag’s seasonal stranglehold over the sartorial sphere. Classic totes and picnic baskets are, of course, on offer. But colorful shell-covered bucket bags and fruit-inspired kitschy clutches are as abundant as these timeless go-tos.
In other words? Your straw bag options are endless—at least, they feel endless. There are exactly 95 days in the summer (yes, I did just pull out my calendar and count that one out), meaning you have plenty of opportunities to put your favorite straw bags on display (all the more reason to shop them in droves—eh?).
1. Raffia Circle Tote, $89.95 at Free People
A slouchy bag that could certainly accommodate all your stuff.
2. Betsey Hexagon Crossbody Bag, $88 at Anthropologie
A structural spin on the classic crossbody.
3. Nannacay Belle Tote, $93 at Revolve
A straw bag, fit for the fan of maximalism.
4. Want in Straw of You Belt Bag, $16 at Nasty Gal
Of course belt bags have gotten the straw treatment.
5. Andros Round Woven Tote, $63 at Lulus
The easiest way to make an already-adorable straw tote more fun? Throw a couple pom-poms on it.
6. Serpui Sue Mini Satchel Bag, $199.99 at Urban Outfitters
A way into the woven trend and a pop of color, all in one.
7. Straw Tote Bag, $59 at Urban Outfitters
The perfect bag for trips to the beach (and all your subsequent Instagrams).
8. Aranaz Kaia Mini Bucket Bag, $378 at Revolve
Last year’s shell jewelry trend has made its way to other accessories, and this bucket bag is all the more delightful for it.
9. Alejandra Woven Tote, $78 at Free People
OK, if this one can’t hold everything you need it to, I don’t know what to tell you.
10. Saffi Wicker Straw Grab Bag, $52 at Topshop
A sleeker take on the classic straw crossbody.
11. Leah Soft Straw Handbag, $14.99 at Urban Outfitters
This soft straw clutch is sure to add a touch of summery flair to any elegant ensemble.
12. Eva Printed Jute Tote, $68 at Free People
A colorful print even the fan of minimalism could surely get behind.
13. Augusta Crossbody Bag, $88 at Anthropologie
A straw crossbody, crafted for the all-black-everything-obsessed.
14. Soft Straw Tote Bag, $24 at Urban Outfitters
So slouchy. So chic. So wonderful.
15. KAYU Benitta Tote, $135 at Revolve
A couple pops of color go a long, long way.
16. Mercedes Salazar Mis Estrellas Amarillas Bag, $372 at Revolve
A campy AF statement accessory never hurt anyone, right?
17. Nannacay Straw Belt Bag, $258 at Free People
Another straw belt bag, because woven fannypacks are happening.
18. JadeTribe Sabai Small Square Basket, $176 at Revolve
A straw bag with all kinds of nautical flair.
19. Sunshine Straw Shoulder Bag, $198 at Free People
Chartreuse is an endlessly underrated summer shade, and this bag just wants to rectify that.
20. Fruity Cherry Straw Tote Bag, $40 at Topshop
Fruit jewelry is having a moment. Why shouldn’t fruit bags have one, too?
21. AAKS Lame Ruffle Shoulder Bag, $200 at Urban Outfitters
A surprising-yet-understated color combo sure to elevate even the most casual of ensembles.
22. Want Add to Basket Straw Shopper Bag, $28 at Nasty Gal
Because the basket bag isn’t going anywhere this summer.
23. Risa Straw Circle Handbag, $49 at Urban Outfitters
Observers and custom can rest assured knowing Memorial Day has come and gone—and Labor Day isn’t rounding the corner anytime soon.
24. Nannacay Hani Bag, $215 at Revolve
Maximalists know this to be true: The more colors, the merrier.
25. Tinos Woven Tote, $55 at Lulus
A summery alternative to your go-to black tote.
26. Seashell Straw Crossbody Bag, $69.90 at Zara
Covered in shells, and beads, and embroidery—without feeling overdone.
27. Sun Watermelon Straw Mini Bag, $40 at Topshop
Practically begging to star in your next Insta.
28. Fable Embroidered Straw Buckle Bag, $52 at Topshop
Pretty enough to put on display when you’re not carrying it.
29. Georgette Tote Bag, $258 at Anthropologie
A classic, sure to play well with everything in your wardrobe.
30. Sydney Straw Bowler Bag, $52 at Topshop
Sharp, sleek, sophisticated—but still decidedly fun.
31. Soft Straw Circle Crossbody Bag, $39 at Urban Outfitters
Another black straw crossbody. Because you deserve options.
32. Billabong Island Time Natural Tassel Tote Bag, $44.95 at Lulus
Amazing how much impact a statement handle can make, eh?
33. Picnic Crossbody Bag, $69 at Urban Outfitters
A crossbody that pays homage to summer’s crochet trend, in all its suggestive, peak-a-boo glory.
34. Straw Box Handle Bag, $69 at Urban Outfitters
The ultimate picnic basket—that can also double as a veritable handbag.
35. Nannacay Roge Colored Braid Strap Bag, $193 at Revolve
Tassels, and colors, and baby bags—oh my.
36. Around the Harbor Striped Woven Tote, $63 at Lulus
A no-fail addition to any accessory arsenal.
37. Betsy Crossbody Bag, $88 at Anthropologie
Nautical without feeling too on-the-nose.
38. Camilla Mini Ooh La La Tote Bag, $228 at Anthropologie
Instagram fodder, to be sure.
39. Straw Mini Flat Top Crossbody Bag, $49 at Urban Outfitters
Not your average straw crossbody.
40. Fizzle Green Straw Tote Bag, $40 at Topshop
Sea foam green is a fun (and veritably underrated) addition to any palette.
41. Palma Canaria Flirt Circle Clutch, $188 at Anthropologie
A clutch that doubles as a conversation starter.
42. Nannacay Lua Clutch, $197 at Revolve
Statement-making style, encapsulated in one tiny bag.
43. Serpui Marie Cecilia Wicked Pommed Crossbody Bag, $318 at Anthropologie
Bring on the pom-poms.
44. Aranaz Maika Fringed Basket Bag, $238 at Anthropologie
Maximalist details in a minimalist palette? Uh, yes please.
45. Want Lay Down the Straw Boxy Crossbody Bag, $14.40 at Nasty Gal
Comfy, cute and versatile enough to pair well with anything.
46. Franka Straw Ring Tote Bag, $40 at Topshop
When in doubt, grab this—and throw everything you could ever possibly need into it.
47. Nannacay Goa Aloha Tote, $229 at Revolve
A tote that might just inspire you to take that dream vacation.
48. Faithfull Cornelia Crossbody Bag, $128 at Free People
The perfect size for all your necessities: phone, keys, wallet—check.
49. The Sofia Tote, $58 at Free People
That handle is so cute i kind of can’t stop staring.
50. Mystique Rainbow Striped Tote Bag, $188 at Anthropologie
Rainbow accessories are having a major moment—just in time for Pride month.
51. Sensi Studio Circle Bag, $168 at Revolve
I mean, it’s a hot pink straw bag. What more do you need to know?
52. Fringe Straw Shoulder Bag, $52 at Topshop
Hearty and on-trend—a match made in sartorial heaven.
53. Florabella Clearwater Tote, $84 at Revolve
All kinds of cool.
Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.
A version of this story was originally published in June 2018. Updated June 2019.