Table of Contents
For too long, metallic clothes have been solely reserved for special occasions. We whip out our shiniest pieces on days we deem glitziest—birthdays, New Year’s Eves, winter holidays (really, winter holiday parties) and that’s it. In 2012, a wise woman encouraged us all to “shine bright like a diamond,” but we’ve only partially internalized this message. We choose to unleash the sparkliest sides of our selves only three or four days each year, leaving us with a whopping 360 (or more) days when we’re simply dulling our shines.
If wearing metallic pieces on any regular ol’ day is taboo, wearing metallic pieces on any regular ol’ summer day is absolutely verboten. Because summer is about bright colors and bold prints; our palettes are so maximalist that we simply restrict our textile selection to one or two weather-appropriate options. Leathers, corduroys and cords be gone—summer is here, and we’re linen/denim people now!
But summer 2019 has offered us a different texture landscape to take advantage of. Not only are sequins veritably trendy, but metallic fabrics abound. Shiny silvers and golds are so abundant, you’d think it was December (though the skimpy, summer-facing silhouettes might tell you otherwise). We’re experiencing a straight-up metallic clothing renaissance—and in the middle of May, at that. In times like these, there’s really only one thing left to do: shop.
1. Sequin Dress, $49.90 at Zara
Layer it over your favorite turtleneck in December. Wear it sans layers, now.
2. Metallic Leather Pencil Skirt, $370 at Topshop
A metallic summer skirt fit for the office.
3. Prada Metal Earrings, $420 at Farfetch
Because metallic jewelry is totally on the menu, too.
4. Metallic Nicola Heel Boot, $178 at Free People
Summer booties may sound like an oxymoron, this this shiny, hot pink iteration proves they’re anything but.
5. Alexia Hentsch x Browns Lightning Metallic Bodysuit, $413 at Farfetch
BRB, buying this and wearing it out this Saturday.
6. Midnight Hour Triangle, $38 at Free People
Your affinity for summer metallics can be your pretty little secret, thanks to this discreet bralette.
7. Tibi Scott Sandal, $495 at Revolve
Aughts-inspired footwear is having a serious moment.
8. House of Harlow 1960 x Revolve Gail Dress, $198 at Revolve
Date night awaits.
9. Metallic Cowl ’90s Camisole Top, $35 at Topshop
Slinky camis are all kinds of fun.
10. Blue Bird Shoes Metallic Leather Rainbow Mules, $205 at Farfetch
These shiny rainbow shoes are too fun to pass up.
11. Metallic Shirred Mini Skirt, $19 at ASOS
Who said summer’s smocked trend and its metallic renaissance had to be mutually exclusive?
12. Metallic Satin Midi Dress, $75 at & Other Stories
A dress that can take you from your best friend’s wedding to your own birthday party—and probably to the office, too.
13. Paris Texas Snakeskin Effect Heeled Mules, $307 at Farfetch
Because two shades of silver are better than one.
14. Turn Heads Metallic Mini Dress, $40 at Nasty Gal
I didn’t realize dresses could be mesmerizing—until I laid eyes on this beauty.
15. Shell Shaped Crossbody Bag, $69.90 at Zara
Get in on the shell accessory trend while nodding to summer’s metallic obsession.
16. By the Way Hope Mini Skirt, $52 at Revolve
A mini that wants to take you everywhere this summer.
17. Shiny Strappy Set, $128 at Free People
This matching set is oh-so subtly shiny.
18. Sebastian Metallic Sandals, $310 at Farfetch
My kind of heel.
19. Metallic Leather Pencil Skirt, $249 at & Other Stories
Another metallic midi worth adding to your office rotation.
20. Some Kind of Beautiful Midi Dress, $395 at Free People
A floral dress for the pastel-averse.
21. Bali Over the Rainbow Mini Dress, $300 at Free People
Summer sequins are happening—I had to include a couple options.
22. Geometric Mother of Pearl Earrings, $19.90 at Zara
It’s officially cool to wear disco balls on your ears.
23. Trella Metallic Snake Flatforms, $48 at ASOS
A going-out shoe you won’t regret wearing four hours into your night.
24. Plunge Twist-Front Metallic Plisse Wrap Top, $20 at ASOS
Millennial pink is cute. Shiny millennial pink is cuter.
25. Metallic Mini Shopper, $49.90 at Zara
A beaded bag for the fan of glitz.
26. Metallic Thread Dress, $229 at Zara
Your new favorite party go-to.
27. No Ka’ Oi Sequin Crop Top, $186 at Farfetch
Wear this to the gym. I dare you.
28. Paris Texas Iridescent Metallic Mules, $321 at Farfetch
These iridescent booties are so stunning you might catch yourself staring at your feet all day long.
29. Halter Top Dress, $39.90 at Zara
Perfect for brunch, dinner and basically every other event on your calendar.
30. Peter Pilotto Floral Jacquard Metallic Skirt, $327 at Farfetch
Frankly, a little surprised metallic patchwork could look this good.
31. Saint Laurent Loulou Criss-Cross Mid-Heel Mule, $477 at Farfetch
A no-fail shoe silhouette in a no-fail shade.
32. Line & Dot Liza Tie-Front Top, $57 at Revolve
Delicate and eye-catching—at the same damn time.
33. Zac Zac Posen Earthette Chain Card Case, $175 at Farfetch
The cherry on top of any fun party ensemble.
34. RAYE Grant Mule, $88 at Revolve
Because silver and gold aren’t the only way to do metallics.
35. Metallic Plisse Wrap Top, $40 at ASOS
Wrap tops are timelessly chic—and metallic wrap tops are no exception.
36. Metallic Stripe Satin Halter Jumpsuit, $20 at ASOS
’70s-inspired and perfect for 2019.
37. Sebastian Metallic Stripe Ballerinas, $491 at Farfetch
All kinds of cute.
38. Metallic Wide-Leg Pants, $8.99 at Forever 21
These look like they’d be as comfy as they are cute—and they’re really cute.
39. Alice + Olivia Harmon Cami Top, $395 at Farfetch
A going-out top sure to turn heads, even if you find yourself in a sea of summer sequins.
40. Arizona Metallic Birkenstock Sandal, $135 at Free People
Shiny summer slides—a trend I never thought I’d get behind, but here we are.
41. Sies Marjan Metallic Shopper Tote, $305 at Farfetch
A cute tote that’s actually big enough to hold all your shit.
42. T by Alexander Wang Metallic Jumpsuit, $395 at Farfetch
43. Chite’ Metallic Bra Top, $84 at Farfetch
Another sparkly bralette, for the lover of subtlety.
44. Metallic Pyramid Sneakers, $18.99 at Forever 21
Shine bright like a diamond—even when you’re dripping with sweat at the gym.
Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.